Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blogger Tag

So it seems like I've been "tagged"...twice. (thanks Julie and Shelly) Now it's not what you may think. I have not been tracked down by a farmer, held on the ground as I kick and scream, and had a giant yellow tag with a number on it punched through my ear....





I've been blogger tagged...twice. That means I have to write 7 things about myself. I suppose since I was tagged twice I should do fourteen. Now I'll admit to you (and maybe we should just count this as factoid numero uno)...when I read in my comments "you've been tagged". I immediately started to hyperventilate. Spots appeared before my eyes, and as I lay crouched in the fetal position...I began to have flashbacks. Imagine a, while slightly "big boned", young impressionable, 197 lb 12 year old girl standing in her parents back yard minding her own buisness while stealthily polishing off 3 twinkies, a box of ho-hos, and a side of beef, when all of a sudden out of the back door flies her, slightly annoying and completely dorky, younger, waif like brother, (let's call him Jeff). Just as our heroine is struggling to get that stupid yellow bendy straw into the tiny aluminium foil covered hole in the top of a Capri Sun juicebox, she's abruptly slapped on the back. She goes flying face first into the ground, twinkie filling squirting everywhere as she lands on the box and through her astonishment she hears "TAG!!!! YOU'RE IT!!!!!" All through my...I mean...HER torturous elementary and middle school years those words would haunt her. Being able to catch any of the people who tagged her was similar to a rhino playing tag with a cheetah. So I developed a defense. Whenever I got tagged...I'd just pretend I never heard them and go on my merry little way. (Somewhat like I did with being blogger tagged). So short story made REALLY long, I suppose it's time to face my fears and be "it" in blogger tag!!

Factoid numero uno: See tragic coming of age story above

Factoid numero two: I'm really horrible at math. I still have to count on my fingers for simple addition problems. Seeing this usually instills great confidence into my patients as I figure out on my fingers if the baby has to eat in 3 hours and it's now 9pm what time will baby need to eat?!

Factoid numero three: I once found a solution for world peace, but then thought of how many people I'd be putting out of a job (media, reporters, suicide bombers) and scrapped the whole thing.

Factoid numero four: I'm strongly pulling to name our baby Sparkle. Regardless of whether it's a boy or girl. Jason is deathly afraid I'm serious.

Factoid numero seven: Again, I'm really bad at counting!


Now you might be wondering who I tagged: no one. For all the fat kids in the world, this is for you. I refuse to subject anyone else to the humiliation of being "IT". I'm just getting to where I don't shake anymore when I see a Tag Heuer watch, or see Tag body spray, or see a sign for a red tag sale. Now please excuse me, I need to go drown my sorrows in a twinkie!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Your 'coming of age' story ... I can see it in my mind and I'm trying not to laugh. So you must just freak when Jackson runs up to Jason and says 'tag, you're it'. Now I know why you peeled out of our driveway that one night as tag started to become the game of choice.

ps - unless you're cured of you tag phobia, you may want to avoid Jackson for a while. He's been known to want to play 24/7 and you never know when he'll say the magic word.

Left Coast Sister said...

Christina christina christina! Then there's the story about the woman holding a baby who was reading your blog and drinking a Diet Coke and started laughing so hard, but didn't want to wake the baby so she lost a mouthful of Diet Coke out her nose while trying to hold in her laughter. Oh, and her computer keyboard is a bit sticky as a result. Coulda happened, anyway...
COME VISIT before Sparkle arrives. I think that's a great name. So happy and positive. And I can't wait until he goes into the work. "Our brother Sparkle would like us to sing #41".

Vicki said...

I LOVE the new page design!!

Just clicking off those days until March 2nd !!! Can hardly wait!

Sara said...

Congrats! I don't think I have officially said congrats on the little one yet! March 2nd will come soooo fast. And although everyone says that first babies go late, mine came 12 days early, so make sure you have everything done...we didn't. (Oh, and my birthday is March 3rd and it is a great day and time of year to have a birthday!)

-Sara