Monday, August 18, 2008

Coming soon....

What a great weekend!! I say this every year, but I can't believe convention has already come and gone. Altamont was this weekend and it was such a needed convention for me. It was so great to see those who we seem to only see once a year and be renewed and encouraged once again. I'm sad that it's already over and now it's back to the daily grind. Quite a few people told me I need to be more diligent in updating my blog. So hang on to your hats, this one is a doosey!!

Although I'm pretty sure most of the northeast knows by now, Jason and I have some very exciting news! The reason I seem to be sprouting a spare tire around my stomach isn't because I have been eating too much pizza lately (well maybe it is partly because of my love of pepperoni and cheese, and steak, and buffalo wings, and Pringles, and twinkies....) but mainly because....We're going to be parents! We are so excited and a little nervous at the same time. I mean, the SPCA makes you fill out a 20 page in depth application along with a home study and background check before you adopt a stray dog, but for some reason, bringing a child into this world comes with no paperwork! I'm due March 2nd and am officially 12 weeks today. Also, without sounding like I'm already bragging, I have to say we may have the most photogenic child in the world. I think this may be the best ultrasound picture I've ever seen. (it was taken at 8 weeks)


(Notice how the ultrasound tech wrote "baby" on the picture. I'm not sure if I should be offended that she thinks we'd be looking at the picture going "What in the world is that thing?!?" or maybe she thought without her standing there pointing out to us the baby we'd become lost when looking at the picture and hand it to people going "I don't know where it is, but she said somewhere on here is a picture of a baby!" )

Anyways, he's facing away from the camera, so you can see his ears, back and little tiny hands and feet. Now before everyone runs out and starts buying blue, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl! I just tend to call every baby a boy. We've decided that we don't want to find out. We want it to be a surprise. (You're welcome Claude!)

Now being the thrifty people that we are we've also sent out notifications to all of the popular gossip magazines such as People and US Weekly. We figure if they'll pay 14 million for pictures of Brad and Angelina's babies, they'll probably be willing to pay at least a dollar fifty for a picture of ours! Let the bidding begin!!

Now against my better judgement, I'm going to put one of those little baby ticker things at the top of my blog. I'm always afraid that some wacko is reading my blog and will be watching the ticker and then right before I'm due they'll grab me and hold me for ransom. So to all you wackos out there (other than the one's I know read this blog and constantly tell me to update... :0) ) Don't try and pull anything because first off, I'm well armed! At all times I have with me a mag light (to beat you with), a pocket knife, an assortment of ninja stars, and numchucks. Secondly, you probably would be lucky if you even got 20 dollars out of Jason! I've had such wicked mood swings lately he'd probably be thankful for the quiet!! In fact, they've been so bad you might even pay Jason to take me back! So don't get any bright ideas.

Until next time!!!

13 comments:

Vicki said...

YYIIIIPPPPEEEEE WE ARE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS !!!! Do you know how hard it has been to keep my mouth shut for the last 3 months?!!! Kind of like saying to the Hoover Dam..."don't let any water flow today"....IMPOSSIBLE!! We are so excited to have the second addition to our family this year! Nothing like kicking Jeff and Britta out of the spotlight. Oh well...we have known for a long time that it is all about you!!! j/k Seriously....I am JUST KIDDING! We love the little guy already! Can't wait until March 2nd!!

Vicki said...

I want to be the first on your blog to congratulate you and Jason on your new arrival!! It sure helps to know the author of this blog!!! LOVE ALL THREE OF YOU!!!!

Mrs Starling said...

OOOOO....congratulations!! That's so exciting!!! Hope it goes smoothly for ya!! I agree....you do need to update more often on here..... :)

susan norma said...

We are so excited for you. Now Madeline, Oscar& baby can have a cousin on the Knaggs side!!!:) Congratulations. Dale & Sue

Don&Nancy said...

Not sure if you know how excited this Grandma is on the Knaggs side.. WOW!! 4 grandchildren in 4 years!! That is AWESOME!! I'll tell you that was a great birthday present this year.. except for the fact that I had to keep it quiet for 3 months.. I had to tell some white lies when people would ask me if Jason and Christina were having a baby when I was really telling them about Katie and George.. and WANTING to say "yes we're getting 2 grandchildren this winter!! But I held my tongue and said no.. George and Katie are having another one..
I'm ready to babysit and I just said to Donnie tonight we needed to get a mini van as our little escape won't hold our 4 grandchildren! Guess we really wouldn't be taking the 4 kids but probably the parents could "escape" in our car for an evening together and we could be home here with the little ones:)
I'm so happy for you both and for us and for the cousins, the new grandparents and new Uncle & Aunts.. I can't wait to meet the 2 little ones! Love to you...

Brent & Johanna Chappell said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! Paxton said "gratuwations" too! He wants to hold the baby and come see her(he thinks it will be a girl "wike Shaewyn" :)

Vicki said...

sorry it has taken me 3 times to get all my thoughts down. I didn't know I could write an epistle like Nancy!! Just kidding Nancy!!!! Anyway, here is the deal. When you left for college, you left us your cat. When you got married, you left us your dog.....guess what we are coming for this time?!!!!!

Shelly said...

Yay! You know how excited we are. I can't wait to meet your little one. And, I must say that I am extremely jealous over your ultrasound pic. Mine doesn't look anything like that ... should I be worried??!!

ps - did you hear that Claude knows? Rebekah accidently spilled the beans. At least he won't have to worry about finding out early w/ you guys. We waited when we were expecting Jackson and it was totally worth it. Claude's right, sometimes things should be a surprise. But, you should definitely consider finding out ahead of time when you are expecting your second and torture him .... That's totally worth it too ;)

Don&Nancy said...

Man oh man... some lady keeps writing on here and I'm having a hard time keeping up with her!! BTW.. you can't have the baby!! You got the cat then the dog.. Last I heard they were planning on keeping the child. Don't worry, it won't be left alone when Chris has to sleep or go to work. I've already offerd to watch over him.
Now I better not write more! This may be long enough for this time:)

Rebekah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy and excited for you! I am especially relieved that you are not finding out the sex of the baby. I don't want to ever go through that with Claude again, it is way too stressful (note to Shelly). =) Seriously, we are thrilled for you and can't wait until March to meet the baby!

Shelly said...

Becca ... For the record, it was Claude that made it stressful, not me ;)

The McCoys said...

Congrats congrats - that's so exciting. I think it's great that there are going to be so many little ones the same age - it's always nice to have professing friends for the kids...

PS - You've been tagged. Check out my new blog post.

Rebekah said...

Wohoo, congratulations!!!! Another March baby to the family! It was great to see you all at Altamont.