Monday, November 5, 2007

Geek Squad here I come!

So it's taken me forever to update and this time I really do have a valid excuse. The video card in our computer was shot, so we had to fix it before I could load any pictures. (Because who wants to see a blog without pictures?? It'd be kinda like apple pie without vanilla ice cream....BORING!) So with some gentle coaching and computer terminology dummied WAY down for me from my dad, I braved the wild world of computers. Actually, it wasn't that bad. I got the old video card out with no problems, it was the part where I had to go to Circuit City that was REALLY aggravating. So I go to man-world (aka Circuit City), looking every bit of the female that I am and I figured a girl in Circuit City would be something like raw meat in a lion's den. Either my stereotype is WAY off, or I've REALLY got to start working out some more!!! No one even looked at me!!! A store full of 15 guys and not one seems to care that I am a female and therefore don't have the computer prowess that they have hence the dumbfounded/terrified look I have on my face! Here's how bad it got. At one point, I swallowed my pride and actually walked up to one of the red shirted employees who happened to be on the computer (probably looking up "how to talk to girls.com". So I'm standing there right in front of him and he decides it's much more important for him to go answer a phone 2 aisles over than to help a living breathing clueless girl!!!!!! Never said a word to me!! Why is it when you just want to be left alone, every employee from 2 shifts comes over and asks if you need something, but then when you actually DO need help, no one cares!!?!?!?! So I summoned up my super girl strength, marched over to the video cards, did some careful reading and TA DA!!!! Picked the right card by myself and fixed my own stinkin' computer free of any Circuit City dorks!! MAYBE THAT'S WHY PEOPLE GO TO BEST BUY!!!!! So FINALLY our computer is back up and running.

So a quick run down of what we've been up to. We spent one Sunday afternoon a couple weeks ago hanging out at Thatcher Park with George, Katie, Oscar, and Madeline, we went to Bronson's b-day party, Jason went to Heidi's b-day party, I went to work, we cut TONS of wood for our wood stove on Saturday and now I'm sitting at home anxiously awaiting the arrival of my mom!! My dad is in Europe for a week, so mom decided to bring Harley up and stay with us for awhile!! So I'm really excited for that. So enjoy the pictures!!





That's all for now! Until next time!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Welcome back. Am I the only one that thinks its weird that both our video cards crapped out at the same time ... Hmmm !!

Sorry about your Circuit City fiasco. I still think you're hot.
-Shelly

Left Coast Sister said...

Places that make you feel like a dork AND don't help you out in your distress really stink.
Thatcher Park looks loverly with all it's fall colors! I hope Madeline made it out of that hole/cave she fell into, by the way.