Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Jason!

As promised, an update! Yesterday was Jason's birthday and we had so much fun. I had asked Jason before what he wanted to eat on his birthday and he said the trademarked Jason phrase "I don't care". After quickly rejecting my suggestion of tater wedgies and chicken livers, I realized he really did care and he realized he'd better give me some ideas pretty quickly. So he said he'd love to have a pot roast. I, on the other hand, tried to tell him how AMAZING the ham sandwiches are that I make...he wasn't impressed. Something about taking a giant slab of meat and turning it into something edible terrifies me. But I broke out my "how to make pot rost for dummies" manual and we were well on our way to a birthday dinner. As I started to get dinner ready, I noticed Jason eyeing my ingredients and I think that was when he realized I may have spent a little too much on his birthday presents and was now trying to recoup our losses.

"Always save". So what if we have to eat Ramen noodles for the next 25 years, they aren't too bad.

Before dinner Madeline came over and hung out with us. She is just too cute! She and "unkie" played while I made supper.



George, Katie, Oscar, Donnie, and Nancy came over for supper of coconut shrimp, green bean casserole, pot roast, gravy and red potatoes. Then we had dessert provided by Nancy! I have to say, it was a pretty good dinner.







Here's to another great 25 years!!!!!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

That is just too cute:-) Thanks for a great time and great dinner!! Love the gumming it video:-) We'll miss you tonight:-)

Guests as of 5/3/10 said...

We share such an adorable niece and nephew, don't we:)

Mrs Starling said...

Looks like fun...happy birthday jason! I thot I was gonna have to send you a message to remind you that you promised not to let this blog get neglected.... :) Keep up the good work! And you can check ours out if ya haven't already! ajstarling@blogspot.com

Don&Nancy said...

Dinner was awesome Christina! Thanks so much for having us:) Sorry we had to run off and couldn't help you do all the dishes! And yes, the shimp was super!

Shelly said...

Happy birthday Jason !!

Anonymous said...

Happy 25th(?) Jason ... we enjoy your blog, Christina. It is quite entertaining!

Left Coast Sister said...

25?!!?? That's ridiculous. He's a sophmore at Guilderland, last time I checked!!
Hope the birthday present was terrific, did you buy it at Always Spend? That's a much better brand if you ask me.
Miss you guys!
PS Oscar is gigantic!! How'd that happen?