Monday, November 12, 2007

November Happenings

I can't believe it's already the middle of November!! Everytime I get used to writing the correct month on all of my papers, it changes on me again!!!!

My mom and Harley came up last week to spend a couple days with us and we had so much fun! I had a week off of work, so it was so nice to have some time together. It was great to just lounge around with mom and be able to relax without having to get anything done. We did get quite a bit of decorating done!!! Although, towards the end of the week Jason was reaching his limit. I think if I would have given him one more picture to hang he would have hung me instead!!! :)

Here's our newly decorated basement:


Our slowly developing picture collage




Mixed feelings on the joy of decorating



After all the decorating was done and I realized how close we had come to having "irreconcilable differences" due to wall hangings...we decided to do something that didn't involve nails or pictures or doilies! So last weekend we went to Arena Cross with Dave Zal.




I was actually on-call the entire time we were there. So I sat and clutched my phone in my hand terrified that it would ring and I'd have to leave for work from downtown Albany. Little did we know how the evening REALLY would pan out. Grab some popcorn, this gets good!

So Dave meets us at our house and since we weren't sure whether I was going to get called in to work, Dave drove separately so he could bring Jason home if I had to leave early. I really wanted to park in the parking garage because I thought if I got called in and had to walk to the car by myself I didn't want to walk through Albany alone. But Jason and Dave said they would find street parking close to the arena and "you'll be fine". So we parked in two separate places and then met up at the arena. I called into work around 9 and they said they'd need me at 11 so I figured I'd just leave from the arena and drive right to work and change once I got there. Jason kindly walked me to the car and then he was going to walk down the street and meet up with Dave at his car. So at 10:15ish Jason walks me to my car and I take off towards the hospital. I'm just getting out of Albany onto the highway and Jason calls me "you need to turn around!! Dave's truck was towed and we need you to take us to the garage!!!" WHAT?!?! I have no idea where I'm going!! So Jason tells me which exit to get off of and he'll run up the street and meet me. Well of course I don't come out where I'm supposed to and so I call him and he's way up the street and has to run back down again to meet me. So while he's busy running all over Albany trying to find me, I'm trying desperately not to get lost in Downtown Albany. Finally, we all meet up again....it's like 10:35, I have to be at work by 11 and we still have to find the garage!! We finally find the garage, Dave gets his truck back and I now have 15 minutes to fly to the hospital!!! WHEW!!! Amazingly I made it at 10:53!!!! I bet you the next time I say "hey let's park in the garage" the guys won't hesitate to cough up those 6 dollars!!!!!!! What an evening!!

Now I should really go and try and get some sleep. It's back to work tonight!

1 comment:

Left Coast Sister said...

1. You are so funny I laugh out loud.
2. Your house is so cute, and that picture is exactly how my other half and I tend to feel about painting/hanging pictures, etc. Although I must say I'd never have thought you to be the doiley type.
3. Great Albany story. Motorcross, downtown, needing to go to work and a towed vehicle. What could be better.