Monday, October 8, 2007

Work and Wedding and Trains OH MY!

Did you miss us? Things have been so busy here. I keep thinking that I need to update our blog since everyone else is, but how boring would it be to read "Went to work last night. Got home. Kissed Jason goodbye. Slept all day. Got up and went back to work". I worked almost every night this past week, so it was nice to have the weekend off and to get away. We went to Attitash Mountain, in New Hampshire this past weekend for Nathan and Megan Blakemore's wedding. Donnie and Nancy rode with us and we left EARLY Saturday morning for the 5 hour drive. The wedding was really nice. Here are a couple of our pics:





Just as they kissed it started to rain which led to a mad dash inside since no one wanted to find out what would happen when you mix rain, chiffon, and Aquanet together.

Once we were inside, we anxiously looked to see who else would be sitting at our table. I'm always afraid that whoever we sit with will not have the same sense of humor that I do and, instead of finding it absolutely hilarious, will be disgusted when I put a giant thumb print in Jason's bread when he's distracted. Luckily, we had a good table. Never the less, I decided to be on my best behavior, so no thumbprints for Jason's food.
Donnie, The Baby Whisperer

Afterward, we went back to the rental house and crashed. Although imagine my complete horror as I learned that Jason and I were going to have to literally sleep on top of each other in the same room as Donnie and Nancy!!!


You sickos! What did you think I meant?? Thankfully I got the top bunk. Otherwise it would have been a terror filled evening as I laid in bed with my eyes peeled upwards just waiting for the top bunk to give way and crush me as I slept!!

On Sunday we had meeting with the Blakemores and then spent the day going for walks and playing games before we had to make the long trek home.


What neighborhood doesn't have an assortment of sheep and deformed ponies to look at?




Then it was back home for us!

As you can see from Donnie's face, he's thrilled to have such a normal daughter-in-law! :0)



THE END!!!!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Normal is soo over rated ...
How does that saying go? 'Live Well, Laugh Often, Love to Eat Much' Yeah Baby ....

Left Coast Sister said...

You make me laugh so hard!! Come visit!! I'll let you stick your thumb in my food if you want!

MB said...

Beautiful kids....
You should have one (or 3)